Hey, Friday? How ya been? Good. Good. Yeah. So… sunny today, huh? That’s what SHE said, ammiright?
It’s been an interesting week, what with the dog piddling on everything, the senior cat vomiting on our comforter, and my washing machine steadily refusing to work and/or drain. (Notice how that last one makes the first two increasingly irritating and liable to make someone ship their pets to Siberia. Hypothetically speaking, of course.) Here are a few highlights of past few days:
* I made a yellow Thai curry last night so hot even the youngest sprog, the Sriracha addict, got a little sweaty. Points for me.
* It’s a brilliant, gorgeous, sunny day today and I’m trying to find ways to avoid garden chores. I’m a bad person.
* Washable dog diapers are awesome. Unless you can’t wash them because of your damn washing machine/drainage system. You find yourself tempted to dry them out and reuse them, until you ask yourself what that smell is wafting from the Springer Spaniel at your feet.
* Pop Chips. Not low-carb. Not Paleo. Not anything but sheer delicious fabulousness. I
can could eat multiple bags in one sitting. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
* My friend Janet, aka my favorite ex-Oregonian and favorite literary-agent-until-I-get-my-own, made a small addition to her blog this morning:
See why I adore her? I sense more googly eyes in my future.
* My friend Jen is coming to visit in a few weeks, and I’m squeeing already. Be prepared, people. It’s gonna get all kinds of squeetastic up in here. I think I’ll take her to Powell’s, and maybe the Rose Garden, and maybe Multnomah Falls, and maybe Timberline, and maybe some wineries, and… ooh, Voodoo Doughnuts! (Sorry, Ginger.)
Overall, the week could be worse (she says listening to her washing machine drain overflow. *sigh*). What’s good in your life right now?
Filed under: Uncategorized